Who we are
Our Advisory business – which is part of Science Group – and sells under the brands of Oakland and OTM - work with some of the best-known global corporations, with a particular strength in food and beverage, other consumer product markets and chemical and engineering companies. We help R&D and business development teams to identify, define and deliver opportunities that offer competitive advantage within their business. Our approach involves combining our internal expertise in science and technology whilst leveraging insights drawn from experts around the world.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team of Analysts. The candidate will be required to work on projects as part of a team under the guidance of senior colleagues. Key responsibilities in the role are as follows:
• Gathering scientific and market data from secondary sources (published sources), including searching of websites and proprietary databases.
• Conducting primary research (telephone interviews) to gain insights from academics, industry players, and market commentators.
• Analysing data, including the selection and appropriate use of industry-standard analysis tools.
• Generating logical “draft” conclusions based on the data sourced.
• Drafting reports describing research methods, findings, conclusions, and recommendations, with input from a Consultant as needed.
• Contributing to the delivery of study outputs, both over the telephone and through face-to-face meetings.
Experience & Qualifications
• Candidates should have a degree in biology; biotechnology or biological sciences and may also have a PHD.
• An interest in the application of science in a business environment is essential, and previous commercial experience would be a distinct advantage.
• The Advisory business source data and insights from around the world, and therefore fluency in a foreign language, would be desirable, especially in one of the following: Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Spanish, or French.
• Experience in the use of secondary information tools, including Internet searching, databases of scientific literature or patents, and searching of market data would be desirable.
• Strong communication, time management, and planning skills are essential.
• Candidates should be familiar with standard computer programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.