Who we are
Oakland Innovation, a division of Science Group plc, work with some of the best-known global corporations. We help consumer, industrial and medical companies find opportunities to win competitive advantage by utilising science and technology for product, process and business innovation. Our approach involves combining our internal expertise in science and technology with leveraging of insights drawn from experts around the world to make recommendations as to how clients should proceed.
- Project delivery
- Account management & business development
- Client and team interaction
- Adherence to Group policies
1. Project Delivery
• Lead and deliver projects: plan for, monitor progress against and meet deadlines with consideration to project scope, evolving client requirements and potential creep ensuring client expectations are met
• Lead discussions with clients on budget changes mid-project (scope creep or T&M overrun)
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously whilst achieving project deliverables within budget, timeline and to the quality expected
• Link client stakeholder needs with technical delivery of project and where appropriate translate technical delivery into client language
• Efficiently and effectively coordinate and manage others in the project team to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of client projects whilst undertaking all relevant administrative tasks e.g. work orders and time recording
• Lead delivery meetings/facilitate workshops etc.
2. Account management & business development
• Support key account management and new business sales:
o Find and close project sales
o Meet client as senior representative of business and orchestrate sales activities
o Frame proposals and challenge project brief (up-sell)
• Lead development of new proposals/projects
• Recognise and understand commercial drivers of the client and how these may impact the business, developing long term relationships and repeat business with key clients
• Visit prospects for lead generation and to identify potential client needs
• Present full range of Group services and case studies and ‘intro’ to group companies
• Own and coordinate the writing and delivery of compelling sales material (e.g. discussion documents, proposals, case studies, capability decks)
• Understand division position in the market and can differentiate it from the competition
• Feedback market information to the technical & marketing teams to support product and service development
3. Client and team interaction
• Present project work at internal/external meetings as appropriate
• Build effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
4. Adherence to Group policies and process
• Maintain client confidentiality
• Assist in implementing diligent project management practices to ensure projects are delivered to time, budget and the quality expected
Experience & qualifications
The ideal candidate will have both an excellent academic track record with a degree or postgraduate qualification in a science or engineering background. The role is for a 1 year fixed term maternity cover.
• Ability to explain ideas in a clear and concise manner in order to both effectively communicate with the recipient, whether a client or colleague, and create buy in to ideas and approach.
• Ability to efficiently deal with multiple tasks and prioritise under pressure.
• Flexible and adaptable approach to work
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate good project co-ordination and attention to detail
• Experience of managing projects or work packages to tight timescales and budgets
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.