Who we are
Oakland Innovation, a division of Science Group plc, work with some of the best-known global corporations in consumer, industrial and medical markets. We help our clients identify and explore business opportunities for which science and technology provides a compelling route to competitive advantage. We provide necessary technical and commercial perspective to define and develop innovation strategy and support customer teams as they move product, process and business ideas through their innovation pipeline. Our approach combines in-house expertise in science and technology with knowledge and experience of key markets, we also leverage insights from leading experts around the world. Through this mix of knowledge and experience we provide our clients with a techno-commercial perspective on key business challenges and opportunities. We help them to chart a forward path and find them the technical and/or commercial solutions that allow them to resolve the barriers encountered as they seek to realise business opportunity.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join our team of Analysts. The candidate will be required to work on projects as part of a team under the guidance of senior colleagues. Key responsibilities in the role are as follows:
• Gathering scientific and market data from secondary sources (published sources), including searching of websites and proprietary databases
• Conducting primary research (telephone interviews) to gain insights from academics, industry players, and market commentators
• Analysing data, including the selection and appropriate use of industry-standard analysis tools
• Generating logical “draft” conclusions based on the data sourced
• Drafting reports describing research methods, findings, conclusions, and recommendations, with input from a Consultant as needed
• Contributing to the delivery of study outputs, both over the telephone and through face-to-face meetings
Experience & Qualifications
• Candidates should have a science degree in Chemistry Sciences and may also have a PHD
• An interest in the application of science in a business environment is essential, and previous commercial experience would be a distinct advantage
• Experience in the use of secondary information tools, including Internet searching, databases of scientific literature or patents, and searching of market data would be an advantage
• Strong communication, time management, and planning skills are essential
• Candidates should be familiar with standard computer programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.