COVID-19 business continuity update
As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, at Oakland (and across Science Group plc) we have been closely monitoring the situation and have acted swiftly to implement the measures necessary to safeguard the health and safety of all our employees and to provide continuity to our clients.
Benefitting from the experience of a sister company with manufacturing operations in Shenzhen (where it is worth noting that operations are now back to 70% of full capacity with constraints mainly due to supply chain factors), we recognised the potential challenges of a wider COVID-19 outbreak early on and initiated planning for business continuity some time ago. This early intervention has included:
- prioritising client project work, with resources focused on our clients’ projects and internal projects being deprioritised;
- emphasising social distancing in our workplace environments, utilising all space in our extensive facilities (which are owned by Science Group) to increase the physical distances between our employees to ensure maximum availability of staff;
- minimising travel to almost zero, ceasing all non-essential travel between Science Group facilities and/or to client sites, in line with most of our clients’ policies;
- investing in upgrading and extending video-conferencing facilities so that we can continue to interact with clients “face to face”;
- facilitating home working, where appropriate and as necessary, with the majority of our engineers and scientists set up with VPN capability thereby ensuring a secure connection to our core infrastructure and access to shared project resources;
- reinforcing and proactively managing client project teams, with every large project having contingency plans to ensure we maintain project momentum; and
- ensuring confidentiality and adherence to our Quality Management System in all of our procedures.
Whilst these are unprecedented and challenging times, we are confident that the plans we have put in place and the steps already taken, will ensure that we have maximum resource availability to deliver our clients’ project work. As always, we are a forward looking organisation and our objective is to assist our clients to be competitively positioned for the post-COVID-19 world.
Please contact us at any time if you have any questions or concerns about current or future projects.
About Science Group
Science Group offers independent advisory and leading-edge product development services focused on science and technology initiatives. Its specialist companies, Sagentia, Oakland Innovation, OTM Consulting, Leatherhead Food Research and TSG Consulting collaborate closely with their clients in key vertical markets to deliver clear returns on technology and R&D investments.